Learning Journey

Monday 14 August 2017

Science fair preparation

Kia ora everyone,

This term we have been focusing on our theme up up and away. This term we are also doing our science fair so most of our class has been trying to work on experiments that are based on, in the air or the sky. My group and I are doing an experiment called Lightning in a jar.  This experiment is caused by friction so, how it works is you put aluminium inside of a glass jar then you put a dryer sheet on top of the glass jar (PS: you have to use a dryer sheet you can not use a tissue instead, I tried it trust me I know) Then you put around about 10 thumbtacks in the dryer sheet, after that you put a strong metal lid on top of the glass jar, finally you rub a balloon (one of those stretchy animal balloons) on your head to create static electricity and place the balloon on top of the glass jar I believe your result would be be that the static electricity would caused friction to create the lightning in a jar.         


Here is a link to the video of our experiment
LIGHTNING IN A JAR LINK



4 comments: